"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Suck it, Mariah Carey

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Suck it, Mariah Carey

Yesterday afternoon a 2nd grade girl at my school asked me if I would sign her yearbook. So I did. Then she said, "Well, since you got to sign my yearbook, I get to sign your cast." I told her it wasn't the kind of cast you sign, but she insisted (and she only wrote in Bic pen, so I can wash it off if I want.) So here is my boot:


I told Nate that now it looks like I named my boot "Mariah" and so I kept referring to it as "Mariah." Since I dislike the boot, I was mostly saying bad things about the boot like "I'm so sick of Mariah!" I started to feel bad, like I was talking bad about the cute 2nd grade girl. So, I started referring to the boot as "Mariah Carey." Which is how my aircast became officially known as Mariah Carey. 

Scarf - thrifted vintage
Polo - from when I was a bev cart girl at a golf course
Shorts - thrifted Express
Right sandal - J.Crew


I tried out wearing only one tall sock because it's supposed to be hot today... I thought the asymmetry would bother me, but it doesn't. Aaaaaaaaaaaand just because...


What? If I had to pick a Mariah Carey to replace my boot, it would be Mariah Carey on rollerblades from her "Fantasy" video...

Also, I assure you:
  a.) I am not now nor have I ever been a Mariah Carey fan.
  b.) I am no longer on pain meds, I swear.

I'm not really sure how this post happened... I guess it's just how my brain works.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails